MPC 2000 and Zip Drive problem

Jamal

I just got a 250mb zip drive and when i hooked it up to my MPC this problem came. I cant change the format from Floppy to anything else. when i try to change it the screen just says wait and then its stuck there. What can i do?

I hope you didn't but you might have blown the SCSI fuse. Are you sure it's a SCSI and not a Parallel zip? The wrong one will blow a fuse.

Check this i found it on a MPC site.

Check the cable is OK and all the above criteria satisfied. The fault could be your actual zip drive, or you may have blown your MPC SCSI fuse (usually done by removing the SCSI cable while everything is turned on). If it's the fuse, get a local service centre to look at it. This may take some time, as these fuses are rarely kept in stock and sometimes need to be ordered from Japan. You may want to retrieve your MPC while waiting for the fuse, and install an internal zip (see tutorial section) so you can get on with your music while you wait up to 3 months for the part (I'm not bitter!)

http://www.mpc-tutor.com/

I've never had anything like that happing with my MPC so that's my best guess. If you find out that's what it is i've aslo seen where someone posted that it wouldve been cheaper and all around better to just put the internal zip drive in. let me know what the deal is. I'm kinda careless wit my MPC but i need nothing like that to happen to it.

I do remember a problem with my zip when i had the SCSI set to ID 6 which is the setting for the MPC. But that just showed the message -> SCSI conflict or somethin. Kept showing that for a week even after i changed it. Good Luck.

Back