MP3'z or Wav's

wvsoulja

I use sonic foundry acid 2.0 to record.. And I use DBPowerAMP to convert mp3 to wave or vice versa.. What's the KBIT quality for? And what's a good quality? I usually use 192.. Also, what's a good KHZ rate? 44 through 96.. Is there really a difference? What's best?

In mp3 192Kbps is a decent quality, When you use 128Kbps (which is the internet standard) you may get a little flange in the high frequencies...i.e above 15,000Hz. You can stick to 192Kbps if you don't mind the file size.
When considering the sampling rate, the physics goes like this.......... all you need is double the frequency you are using, you know that the human ear can only hear from 20hz to 20,000hz (20Khz) so if you double that you will get 40Khz, so anything above 40Khz should be fine. That is why people use 44.1Khz sampling rate as a standard. For better quality you can go 48, 96 or even 192Khz...but to a normal listener they don't make a difference at all. You can stick with 44.1Khz sample rate and make professional sound quality, so don't worry.

Upto you, What I am telling is unless you have a soundproof studio with high end gears, it is better to go with 16 bit 44.1 Khz (standard CD format) If you think you are getting a high quality recording with your setup, you may go upto 24bit/48Khz, but you wont hear any difference unless you have a professional setup.

Sorry to interupt you, gentelmen... It's a little too late, but this topic should be posted in the Computer recording & Soundcard forum :) This is MIDI Mania forum, we talk MIDI here...

;)
Jaymz

Jeyan, wut you mean 'professional setup'? I just want my mp3's sound better, or even sound the way the wave does when I download them.

WHne you play a 192Kbps mp3 it sounds just like a wave so dont worry. Keep that as standard for your mp3.

Back