MP3

I just downloaded both, and before I even listen I gotta ask what kinda server connection that site is hosted on? That's the fastest download I've ever seen on my end... 229 K/sec! If it's a web hosting company, I need to get hooked up with them for my site.

Now, onto the songs...

What encoding rate is that for the MP3s? It's showing up as 56kpbs on my end. I'd like to hear them encoded at at least 128 before I comment too much on the sound quality or the mix really. The vocalist sounds like Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins... both songs have a cool vibe going on. Sounds like the guitars would have a great sound at a higher bit rate. I like both the songs a lot.

Drinker, they should have called it bitter and twisted, just kidding. Its not my taste in music but it definitely gets a feeling across. some times in the song I want the drums to be punchier or louder but what the song really needs is a review from S8-N he does anger better than anyone here.

Oh yeah Jon X, did you choose the Hi Fi version? It sounded pretty good to me.

Layth

I just picked something that said MP3 and then it downloaded it... so fast in fact that I didn't even have a chance to go back to the page and browse like I normally do while the song is downloading. I guess I better check the page again. Thanks for the info.

thanks for listening everyone,
Impulse Ride ,a southeastern band, put out their first nationally distributed cd, "Corn Dog Money" last year.
Their guitar player Ruskin Yergan (mispelled)did the recording and mastering on a couple of adats. Yes, the boys are failing thier anger management training and putting in their music. But that's ok, their young, and the good thing is they're learning. It's been 3 years since these recordings and that's why I read everything you guys post in hopes that I can pass some of it on to them. My son wants to be "in the business" and after 20 years of working 8 2 5 I'm 100%behind him. Taught him drums when he was 6 and guitar when he was 10. Check out vs family photo album "E.Rinker in traing".

Yes, my name is David Rinker "drinker"

Yes, I'm a frustrated song writer trying to relive his life through his son.

Yes, I'm jealous as hell of any of you who are able to earn a living in the music business.

Yes, I'm at work and pissed about it. Well, not really. I do have a T1 line here.

peace
Thanks again for the listen.

When I was 15 all we did were covers like Hey Joe and Louie Louie so we could play frat parties and get paid in beer....I was the only one that did any writing, and they hated my stuff...lol...so at least these guys are doing originals....sounded pretty good to me...they can only get better with such a good start....gibs

drinker - Don't feel too bad, I have regular day job (w/ T1 line) and can only do music in my spare time.

I feel your pain. :(

There's lots of things that could be improved, but shit! At 15, I was watching my buddy's band and wishing I knew how to play. It seemed pretty much like magic to me at the time. These guys have a great head-start... any more recent stuff floating around?

Back