mp3 sounds like shite

Gag

well its my first attemp at the computer thing it sounded great in my monitors (two sets) but really crummy when downloading from mp3(lo fi).somebody please tell me why The ..tune is called The Creep. the bands name is Glowboy . Oh yeah thanks for the info and insight I don't think it would have got this far with out homerecording.com.Feel free to bash

LoFi is created automatically by mp3.com. It's ?? kbps, mono, so it's supposed to sound crappyy. The better version is HiFi, but that's only 128 kbps so you can hear some quality loss awell.

Keijo

thanks for the reply warlock. For some reason it sounds better today but i'm still not happy with it, any suggestions on making sound cleaner?

the best idea i can offer is buy your own server with unlimited bandwith. this way you can stream at 256kps which is the closest to 44.1khz you can get in the .mp3 format.

sounds like a great idea scrib but I,m broke and not sure what your talking about anyways. I have enuff trouble screwing around with my cakewalk program. Unfotunately I'm still just learning.Which reminds me I'll have to check in on the cakewalk forum it's been awhile. Thanks again just keep on chucking ideas at me I'm a human sponge right now. Chow Gag .

The encoder you use makes a BIG difference. I am aquainted with the Blade, LAME and Fraunhofer encoders. While the two first are free, the Fraunhofer algorithm gives way better results, IME. Blade simply sucks, but LAME performs pretty well on most material I've tried it with.

Check www.opticom.de for a true high-quality MP3 encoder.

hey oysterman,thanks for the reply. I use the mackie board thru cakewalk program with the cakewalk encoder any thoughts on that setup?

Back