"MP3 of the week" at hugmusic.com

Jack Hug

HUG is a band from Austin, Texas.
All our recordings are done at home, on Tascam four-tracks. After several years, we've recorded so many songs we put up new ones every week at:
hugmusic.com - for Free!
Check it out- for freaks or wierdos especially!
Jack Hug

Pretty good David Byrne style material.
Smoke another one for me....
I <really> liked your website.
That's a mighty psychedelic shade of green.
Those recipes are classic!
Who did the artwork?
And pretty impressive for B-tracks that were recorded on a cassette deck.

Thanks for checkin out our site!
The art was done by Roy Tompkins, creator of "Trailer Trash", an underground comicbook. He's a good friend and fan.
The music was recorded on Tascam Portastudio four-tracks. Mostly on a 564, but also on an old 246 (w/ new heads). The 564 is a minidisc recorder and it does sound cleaner than a cassette recorder - especially when bouncing, which we do a lot of.
Smoke another one?
No problem . . .

[This message has been edited by Jack Hug (edited 03-28-2000).]

Dammit, another reminder of how much I miss Austin......y'all are totally perv and I respect that in a band...........gibs

Left Austin because I got a chance to buy and sell antiques and accessories from Europe and the orient....but work based in Dallas....this was 1979....but get this, in 1981 I sold the duplex I had right by mo-pak for 35K....do you realize how goddam rich I would have been if I waited til now to sell?..it was rented out and everything...shoulda just held onto it...particularly since I see myself back in Austin before I croak of old age...went to jrhigh, high, and college in Austin..even bartended at Pecan Street Cafe..I still get to Austin every three months or so but it's not like living there....gibs

it's cool; but it's pretty damned crowded now. My wife and I are going to make it more crowded within about a week.

dmc

Back