mp3 experimentin

vince

Greetings, looking for some advice. I would like to connect the line out from my tascam 414 to the external minijack on my pc (tech details: dell latitude cp laptop e/w Sound blaster pro-compatible, stereo line-in minijack & mic-in minijack). I downloaded music match jukebox 4 from mp3.com, it works great as a mp3 player but they wanted $20 for the 'key' for improved audio? We are basically recording band practice with two SM57's into the tascam. The "mixdown" deck is a sony dual cassette, I could run the same line-out into my pc i'm thinkin. We are shopping for a vocalist, wouldn't it be cool to do this on the web--

cheers

That free player is also an encoder, but does so only at 96Kbps. They only let you post 128Kbps .mp3 files at mp3.com, but you can post at whatever rate you want at your own site. This is the route I've taken.

okay, can I get a 128Kbs encoder? The cash goes into PA, mic's stands & cords, etc. Someday I will probably go to a Alesis ADAT or some type of CD burner. As time/money permits- Is it feasible to use this free laptop, or are with stuck with analog?

I don't understand, I have yet to pay for a single piece of MP3 software and I'm not talking pirating either. There's tons of free stuff out there! Oh well, I suppose I'm going to have to make a page pointing to them all...but don't you know about nonags?
http://www.nonags.com/nonags/snd32.html

Back