Mp3 encoder

Tappy

I have Sonar 3 Prod ed and was looking for mp3 encoder. Is there anywhere I can get it without purchasing it from Cakewalk?

Mp3 Encoder

There are plenty do a Google search or on this thread I use free rip and I know some use LAME

Well here's how I do it

1. Get Audacity (free download)
2. Export your audio as .wav (from Sonar)
3. Put the exported file into Audacity
4. Export it as an mp3 from Audacity

If you are asking if there is another venue where this software can be purchased (unlocked) then the answer is, no I don't think so... The software is free for 30 days but in order to continue using it, there's a fee to unlock it since there's a cost to use the Fraunhofer MP3 encoder. And since not everyone will utilize the mp3 format, Cakewalk opted to let folks choose on their own on whether to pay the Fraunhofer fee or not.

If you are looking for free alternatives to the Cakewalk encoder, there's LAME or CWENC (do a Google search).
Both these programs require that the files be exported as a Wave file before being converted to MP3, but the CWENC (Cakewalk Encoder) program will open the encoder automatically after the Wave Export.

If you are asking if there's a way for you to get the Cakewalk MP3 encoder for free or a crack to unlock it, then you are in the wrong forum. The Wanna-be hackers/Script Kiddie forums are found elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

:)

Thanks, maybe I'll try LAME. BTW, I was not looking for a crack but was just frustrated that the current encoder had expired and did not know what to use.

Back