MP3.com closing=List of Sites for your songs!! please join!!

With MP3.com closing..........

• This is a good thing. Their policys sucked and never really liked the site.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • This Sucks. I really liked the free publicity, charts and wide variety of unsigned original music

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'm not sure if it's a good thing. I'm just starting to figure out what MP3 really is.....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MP3.com does what?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
In all fairness I think you should break that list up into groups that make people register just to listen, and groups that only make you register to put up music.

wow, thanks for the list. I didn't know they were closing. Looks like i have a lot of surfing to do frm that list!

Sure, everybody is going to flock to these alternatives, and the hardware and software that drives these sites, is going to take a big HUGE hit, and there will be lots of bad feedback on all these sites.

And some of these sites will improve due to that feedback. You can bet soundclick.com is adding hardware and software right now, and hyping this to their advertisers ...

Most of these sites are NOT designed for a load anywhere near what MP3.com has grown into, and of course, the code and hardware of MP3.com is now overwhelmed, rather than expand MP3.com, and upgrade it, they have sold to CNET.com and made a FORTUNE ... good for them

Now, cnet.com knows all of this, and they are planning a release of a website that will make mp3.com look like stone-knives and bearskins ... which it is :D ... relative to the speed at which the internet develops and grows ... ahem ...

All of the peeps that swarm the other sites, will be more than ready to jump on the cnet.com bandwagon, because the new site will probably be an incredible file-sharing, and collaboration, and 'dime-per-play' website ... and lots of other cool stuff.

cnet.com sees what has happened with MAC's new site, and they want a piece of the action ... I tell you ... the big labels are literally in their death throes, and they are tearing themselves apart from the inside out now.

A lot of things are happening in the online industry of music, and we are going to see a lot of serious prototyping for 'music ecommerce' in cnet.com 's new website.

It's gonna be a very, very good thing for the online music community.

Hey, this is a great thread !

tcdave, yer on the ball dude !

Of course, all these resources are still valuable !, just gotta know how to work them.

Back