Moving My Guitars

Snowman999

I have an 86 black Les Paul that's my recording guitar. I play a Craviola acoustic, that I picked up in a pawn shop in Nashville for $50 or $100. I play the Hofner bass that replaced my Fender Precision. I have many more that have in hiding for years. We're moving. So, out of hiding. These are four of my more unique guitars. Though I do have 2 Bond Electroglides. They just don't have strings on them.

The Roland Les Paul is one of the first guitar synths ever made. I have the full module and cable. I think I played it once.
The Johnson Mandolin sounds more like a banjo than mandolin. I can play a little.
That's a real Guild Ashbory. Fender makes them now. But, that's one of the first. So, I paid less than what the Fender models go for now, and it's worth much more than the Fender.
There's supposedly only 60 of these Gittler's made. I used to play it for a song or two live. That sucker is heavy. I had also been told, one was once on display at the museum of modern art.
1629611244823.png
This is a guy who got to meet a Bond electroglide. Steps Not Frets. All electronic. It really is COOL. Mick Jones played one exclusively with BAD for years.

I don't think Ive ever known anyone who acutually played an Ashbory bass. It was definitely a major departure from the standard bass guitars. My buddy has a JSII bass. I had the matching walnut finish S100, both from the mid 70s.

Are you selling these or just moving them?
At the moment just moving them. I should sell them. Get them in the hands of someone who will use them. But, I never sell anything. I have 2300 blu rays, and have 400 I want to sell. I watched and didn't like them, and I'm too lazy to put them up for sale. It's the same with guitars and everything else in my life.
I don't think Ive ever known anyone who acutually played an Ashbory bass. It was definitely a major departure from the standard bass guitars. My buddy has a JSII bass. I had the matching walnut finish S100, both from the mid 70s.
It's supposed to sound like a stand up. Some say it does. I don't think so. It's also hard to play for someone like me, because I'm tone deaf. So, I'm never really sure if my fingers are in the right position. There's fret markings, but no fret. In one youtube review of the new Fender made Ashbory, supposedly the frets aren't correct. So, you can have your finger where A should be, but it's not playing an A.

I thought I was the only tone deaf one around here. It makes it incredibly difficult to learn a song by ear. I also can't 'hear' chords. I can't pick out the notes within a chord. It's like information overload in my brain.

I thought I was the only tone deaf one around here. It makes it incredibly difficult to learn a song by ear. I also can't 'hear' chords. I can't pick out the notes within a chord. It's like information overload in my brain.
I've taken to videoing my left hand on new songs. Because I can't remember what I did. I certainly can't listen and hear it. It's a detriment. But, I still love playing.

Back