Mounting an ADAT

Questor

This is sort of a silly question but... is there any reason I could not mount my ADAT on an slanted rack? It would make it easier to see and reach. I was unsure if the incline would mess with the gutsof the machine...

I once tried mounting my ADAT on a slanted rack. It was a new experience but I slid right off.

I just got done in a studio where all three were mounted on a slant rack. High end studio, too, so I would think you're safe.

Pete

Hey Pete... Thanks for the real answer, I appreciate it. The rest of you, I hope you are at least practicing safe tape!

Questor

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Questor:
Hey Pete... Thanks for the real answer, I appreciate it. The rest of you, I hope you are at least practicing safe tape!

Questor
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Questor,

You may want to make some "supports" that fit beneath the ADAT and screw them to the inside of the Rack case for added support.
Straight up and down you should have no problem, as long as the unites aren't left "hanging in the air" so to speak.
I think that as long as their is support from beneath it-you shouldn't have any problems.

Tim

Back