motu's and laptop recording

condor

Hey now: I mainly do live recording of gigs. Mostly a mic, sometimes board, but I always Betty", MIC AND SBD. Considering a Travellor LOVE battery powered option, BUT can the 828 mlkII record to hard drive, says hard disc, are they the same. Therefore I can record using the MOTU and leave the computer at home. But the delemma, 828 not bat powered, and the travellor has 4 phantom powered pre-amp ins. I could get all the crowd mics into my computer, but memory!! Is there a batt external hard drive out there???

Spent the money once, so you dont have to spend again to suite needs down the road...and patience...

anyone going to MMW NYE? C U there smile, smile, smile

Yup. The motu's (I have an 828mkII) are only an interface, not a full recording computer.

I use an external firewire harddrive but you STILL have to have a computer with DAW software up and running to record.

You CAN however use the 828 and Traveler to act as a stand-alone mixer to run to:
a) a tape recorder
b) a stand-alone digital recorder
c) a PA system (why I bought the 828... unplug from computer and go to gig and just plug in the PA...)

Back