MOTU2408MKII insists on ch 3 and 4 for output!!!!!!

enemyofthesun

Using Cubase 5.1 and a MOTU2408MKII... The playback should be going out on ch 1 and 2. The plugs on the back (where it routes to monitors) are in fact channel 1 and 2 as well.

PROBLEM is that I have no sound at all now. Apparently the motu insists on using channels 3 and 4 for playback. There is no provision to route channels 3 and 4 to montors thus no sound. The LEDS indicating out put on the MOTU indeed show to be using 3 and 4 and not 1 and 2 as it should

In the MOTU console it is configured for channel 2 and 3..as it should be

In Windows/setup/multimedia whenever I try to specify 'playback' device to be channel 1 and 2 on the Motu device and then 'apply' changes it imediatley resets to 'non specified device' thus another reason Imay not be getting sound

THis system worked fine as a PIII 500 (just slow) but in this new system PIV 1.6 / Win98SE I am gettign all kinds of toruble. THis is hopefully the last hurdle

Any ideas folks?

Sounds to me like the motu console needs to be adjusted. In the console go to your analog bank,(a,b,or c)and make sure under outputs you have 1+2patched as "From Computer" that should do it.
I really don't use those monitor outs on either of my Motu units so can't help there. I use any pair of the eight analog outs,usually 1+2, to monitor from. If you really need to use the monitor outs let me know and I will try it on my system for you. Just out of curiosity, is the motu the only card in your setup?I have heard of cases using gigasampler where giga will claim to outputs for itself from the card.

Back