Motu Ultralite??

justaphasia

Does anyone have any firs hand knowledge on this interface?
I'm about to buy one, and use it with Logic Pro.
I just wanna know if there's anything i should look out for.

.n.

I think there are some Ultralite users here - I'm not one of them. I've got the MOTU Traveler - more on that in a minute...

Go to:
http://www.unicornation.com/phpBB2/index.php

and you'll find a bunch of posts about the Ultralite. I think most people are pretty happy with it. Provided it has enough inputs/outputs for you, it's definitely worth looking at.

I wish I had read that forum - there are a lot of complaints about the traveler that turned out to be well founded (noisy pres, in my case). My happy ending is that I sent my unit to get modified by Black Lion Audio, and now it's perfect for me, completely works, and sounds much better than before.

Black Lion stopped working on the Ultralites -- not sure why, but it may be because the units are already pretty good.

i own it, by it

i own the unit and i love it. it works with logic and also comes with a simple version of Digital Performer that they call audio desk but its for the most part the same just dosent have all the bells and whistles. the unit its self is great. for mobil recording you have the 2 xlr and its buss powered so you dont need an extra power cord. it has midi and spdif as most units do. it has a very impressive amount of ins and outs for a unit of its size. eazy to work with the knobs are not to small and the screen is visible in all types of light. what i love most about it is all the 1/4 inputs. i use it as the power house in my studio as an interface beween my computer and 4 bus console and its works great. you also have the 2 fire wire ports so you can daisy chain up to 3 i think i have never tried it cause i only have one but i have no reason to beleve it dosent work. its great for like desk top recording, pod-casting, and small studios. i also use it when i edit video because it has 5.1 and 7.1 surround out capabliity which is always a plus. i assue if you run logic you have a mac. i dont know it they work with windows cause i run a mac but if you run windows it says it works. over all i give the unit a 10 out of 10. it covers all the needs of a small studio

Back