MOTU M4

ecc83

Just today taken delivery of one, very nice, solidly made unit.

Only got as far as installing it on a W10 and W7 laptop so far, went smooth as paint. I shall be testing it out in the next week or two and I HOPE my son will be over from France and I can record a proper classical guitarist and share the results with you all.

Dave.

I'm a MOTU fan from way back. Still have two 2408mkII's and an 828. Pretty solid performers

Ive always had the impression MOTU is high end, they make pro audio....they're serious audio specs..... Ive had a couple MOTU's always perform far above my skills.
The MOTU 2 / 4 have good reviews and the MOTU 4 is a real 4 INPUT with XLR, not like others that say they are 8 IN but need SPDIF for 2 and ADAT for the others.
Great prices, and MIDI if you use that. The true 4 XLR preamps/ Line IN is the best design imo, the Displays are large. Nice layout.
Havent tried a 2 or 4 at the house yet.

Especially back a few decades ago. They were in the handful of multi track interfaces of that caliber.

I have also discovered that you can use the unit as a 'standalone' mic pre or guitar pre. Powered mine from a Bog S Pound Shop USB plug and you select 'Mon' for each channel and the meters indicate input and output signals.

Dave.

Back