Motu HD 192??

henry_mullis

Hey,
Presently I have a Delta 1010 and have been very happy with it. I am finally getting a nice place to work and was thinking about upgrading a lot of my gear. I have been recording on PC with Cool Edit Pro 2.0, but I now have a Mac G4 (800 mhz) with Logic Audio 6. Anyway, I was thinking about getting a Pro Tools HD 1 system and a 96 I/O interface, but I just can't afford it. The Motu HD 192 is my 2nd choice. What do you guys think about that unit? Is it worth changing my Delta 1010? Thanks for the response.

Henry

from what i heard(meaning message boards not actual hearing....nonetheless i don't redistribute info from people who aren't pros-a pro is someone who makes a living off recording music)... at 44.1 48khz on the HD192 will beat out a delta1010 at 96k...

I use MOTU all the time and at 92Khz it is much better than Delta cards. Motu is trouble free and Solid, you will love it. No complictaed learning, very easy to use and high quality converters, what else we need........????? Motu has everything a Pro expects and the best part is it is much cheaper than Pro Tools. I believe you can use MOTU with Protools too (I never had the chance to test that)

well, I'm using the 24i now which will do 44.1/48khz. I'm looking to do 88.2/96khz, but at the same time 192khz might become the standard before I'm ready to upgrade a second time.

I definitely wanna go to something on the pci-424 card if I go motu, but im not sure if I should go for what may be better motu converters, or at least ones that will do 88.2/96khz. Or get one of the digital input based boxes from then and save-up for some lucid or apogee converters. Either way I'll always have the 24i. Any suggestions?

Eric

there was an A/B test of the HD192 verse the Lucid8824 over at gearslutz....everyone agreed the HD192 was better sounding....if your thinking of a standalone box...i would check the mytek's and up(price wise up)

i just did a search over at gearslutz and that thread makes the motu seem real tempting. Unfortunately the page that had the comparisons on it is no longer up

you can also check out the lynxtwo... it'll be more if you want 8 ins and 8 outs cuz you have to buy two cards....but it may even be superior sonically to the HD192....rob darling(ME) uses these as his primary ADC and uses MYTEK's for the OVERFLOW thru adat light pipe....:eek: again you can see this at gearslutz...

Back