MOTU, C-Port or RME ????

Freak-a-zoid

I only record using POD Pro and my Zoom and J-station for my bass.

Im looking to upgrade my soundcard. I want a rackmounted converter box but which one would you choose between if you had 2k to spend?

Anyone know why RME doesnt have a bundle? what RME card and rackmounted converter would you go with if you chose RME?

Anyone??

Although it's a good unit, I don't think the C-Port is in the same class as either the MOTU or RME stuff. Still a good bang for the buck though.

Twist

Motu? Maybe if you use a Mac ...

I'd go with an RME Hammerfall Digiface + PCI card + ADI-8 Pro (or ADI-8 AE which is a bit cheaper than the PRO). That puts you in the $1900 range, gives you awesome expandability options, great ADDA quality, RME's very reliable driver support, ... basically, a lot of fun and little to worry about.

Like c9-2001 said, I'd check out the Delta 1010. It's probably the best bang for the buck. You can pick one up for about 500 bones. I went with the C-Port and I'm very dissapointed (all kinds of driver problems with Win2k and XP). The pre's suck too.

Freak is asking for a card in the 0 to $2000 range - and all you come up with is the D-1010?

I know, lots of people here have the D-1010. Why? Well, it's certainly a good deal for the money + you'll have lots of "understanding" shoulders to cry on if the drivers don't work, etc.
Is it the best card in the below $1000 range. I don't think so - at least consider the RME Mulitface,STaudio System III (or wait for the new System 3000 if you have the time) or look at the MOtu896 if you use a Mac.
Is the D-1010 the best card in the $1000-$2000 range? Most definitely not.

People gotta start looking beyond their narrow D-1010 world. It's not like it's still 1999 ...

Appreciate the help

MrCarl, i tried looking for some information on the STaudio system 3000, but no luck.. can you post a link to some info on it?

thnaks!

Back