Motu 8Pre in Standalone mode

Cazzbar

Throbbing Member
Was just wondering what is sent to the Main L/R out of the 8Pre if it was working in standalone mode (in conjuction with an 828 mkii via ADAT)

I assume with the PC software you can create any mix for the Main L/R out, but what happens in standalone mode?

Also, is the standalone mixer of the 828 mkii capable of seeing the inputs from the 8Pre?

Cheers.

Yes, when hooked to the 828 via ADAT, the 8Pre just takes the ADAT channel places.

In standalone mode, the 4 busses output whatever you have them set for and you can set these either with the Cuemix software on your computer or manually on the front panel.

The front panel controls allow you to set any mixes you want and they stay set in memory.

(thats why I bought an 828mkII, so that I could not only record but take my rack for gigging, too...)

Cool, the 828mkii looks good as a standalone mixer and good that it can see the 8Pre in standalone mode as well.

Do you also know what the 8Pre sends to the Main L/R out when in standalone mode?

As I was thinking of hooking up an 828 and an 8Pre to a HD24 as follows:

828 > HD24 (ADAT)
8Pre > HD24 (ADAT)

and to get a standalone monitor mix of all the signals I need to get the 8Pre into the 828 somehow, and can't go direct via ADAT because that connection is now used. So was originally thinking of linking the Main L/R Analogue Out on the 8Pre to a couple of Input channels on the 828, although a better way could be HD24 ADAT-Out to 828 ADAT-In for the 8Pre Channels originally going into the HD24. That would be quite neat if it works.

If anyone's following my ramblings, do I now need to know about ADAT Clocking/Syncing for any of my configs as that's currently a big blind spot for me :o

Back