motu 896 pres?

vangore

does anyone know if the pres are any good on the 896 or the quality of the motu pres in general?

help would be greatly apreciated.

Im not planning on using them to any great extent unless im really stuck but id still like to know before i buy.

3 very diffrent opinions here but helpfull all the same, is there any outboard pres that you would compare them too so i can get an idea of the level of suck or clean :)?

vangore said:
3 very diffrent opinions here but helpfull all the same, is there any outboard pres that you would compare them too so i can get an idea of the level of suck or clean :)?

I don't think you can really compare the MOTU pres with a quality outboard pre... thats not really what it's designed for... but against other similar muli-channel audio interfaces they fall in the upper class... I've loved all of the MOTU products that I've owned...

Even with these eight pres your eventually want to invest in a quality outboard pre for your featured tracks...

Or... if your going to be primarily tracking one channel at a time, go for an outboard pre and compressor for the about the same price... and shine on that one channel... depends on what you're trying to accomplish...

Oh i know there hardly going to be amazing but it doesnt matter becouse im getting an old amek desk soon and that will kick all kinds of ass,

i was just kinda curious and i was playing around with the idea of one for live recording.

Back