Motu 828 MKII update

davidguevara80

Always Online
Hey guys,i think is time to upgrade my interface.I need at least 16 channel of simultaneous recording channels so the new interface must have the optical option t0 use it with my M-Audio Octane,pres are not very important because i have 5 good pres ( Focusrite 428 and Avalon VT737SP.

I want to sell my MOTU,sell my Presonus AP88 and add some extra cash,so my budget would be $ 800 and i want to buy something used.I have my eye on the RME fireface 400,MOTU 828 MK3 or Focusrite safire pro 40 Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hey David,
Tell us what you're looking for in the upgrade.
I know you said 16 IO, but you've already got 15 with room so, what do you want out of the new interface?

Unless you plan to add another lightpipe unit, i don't see the benefit of an 828mk3. OK, it's got onboard effects and a couple of other features but nothing huge that i can see.

If everything you connect is adat or line level, you might consider a lightbridge and some ada8000s?

Tell us more.

Yup. Since you're already using better outboard pre's, just dont think you're going to see that much difference.

You might do better off upgrading your room or monitors or other gear.

Thanks,I am ok with my I/O 8 analog,and 8 digital is good for me,my room sounds very good and i have the Yamaha's HS80M what i am looking is for a better conversion.Someone told me about the Black Lion Mod but i don't know if this upgrade the conversion.

On a budget of $800 I don't think you'll be able to get the same amount of ins and outs and better conversion.

Read here .
It's all about the Black Lion mod on motus.

One guy says "The converters and clock though will serve you for a long, long time with the mod. I only got mine back the other day - but I have to say I'm well impressed!!!!"

Back