motu 828 mkII firewire specs

cheetah23

unlike other manufacturers, it seems that you cannot (easily) obtain secs for motu products and you can't download the manual from the web site. I'm probably wrong, (sometimes I suck at looking for stuff) but does anyone know where I can find the specs for above mentioned product. also, I'm runnin mac os x 10.4.10, and I'm deciding between 828 mk II and and presonus firestudio... does anyone know first hand which preamps are better (subjective I know) and which a/d conversion is better. I guess I like the idea of expandability, but both units seem to be neck and neck... I'm mostly concerned with the signal to noise ratio and dynamic range of the preamps... my only experience (preamp) wise is the bluetube dp... how does this compare with the firestudio/828 preamps.... wow that was long winded

You find specs from companies who use generic firewire chipsets made by other people, not by those who have proprietary chipsets they paid to develop themselves. The TC DiceII chipset is used in many cheap and mid level devices, thats whats in alot of the Presonus gear.

The preamps in the 8Pre are a newer design than those in the 828MKII. They are not the same.

Back