motu 2408 ~ tascam us428

t_chance

I would like to use my 428 as a interface with my new motu2408 MKIII. I'm running SX-2 windozeXP. Is this possible? I'm new to the cubase too. I've just been doing a lot of tracking and mixing down on the "real" console, but it's time to get with the times.

I dont understand exactly what you want to do...

Do you want to run audio from the 428 into the motu, use them both to bring audio in at the same time, or just use the 428 as a control surface for cubase?

The first one, yes you could do that but I dont know why you would need to

The second - eh, could cause a lot of problems, I've had bad results trying two interfaces at once before

The third, yeah, you can do that, I'm going to continue to use my 428 as a control surface now that I've recently added a motu 828 to my setup.

428 & 828 togather

mattamatta said:
I'm going to continue to use my 428 as a control surface now that I've recently added a motu 828 to my setup.

Matta........I have a 428 too. It has been a source of many headaches thru the 5 years I have used it ( when I could get it to work) My question to you is how will you put it to work with your new motu 828? I am thinking of getting an 828, but don't really understand how to run sound thru it to my Cubase SX3...does it have trim conrols on it or do I need a mixer for boost, or do I just turn up the signel in Cubase with my mouse..........unless the 428 will connect and move the faders etc. I know the 828 is Firewire and 428 is USB...so I suppose you are talking about using the 428 and 828 together...but How does it perform. Have you tried them togather.

Choctaw

Back