Motu 1224, or what else do you suggest??

Fender

Hi. So far I've been recording with the Event Darla Card, I'm pretty happy with the results. But, pretty soon I'm going to need a better car, (more ins, outs etc.) I want to do video sinc. some time in the future and I need at least 8 ins. I've narrowed it down to the MOTU 1224. (www.motu.com) check it out. Can you think of anything else with the same kind of specs at a cheaper price? Thankyou.

Adam.

I have the 1224 and it is amazing. I looked and compared and posted questions on the Internet and such for several weeks until I made my decision. It seems that audio cards are popping up all over the place now from all these little companies. It's really hard to wade through all the specs. The MOTU 1224 had exactly the specs I wanted. Yes, it's expensive, more than I wanted to pay, but it sounds fantastic and the system is amazingly expandable. And MOTU is beta testing ASIO 2 drivers for it as we speak, so that puts them ahead of most others. Oh, MOTU's tech support isn't half bad either (or course I'm comparing them to ...gulp....Steinberg. )

GG

The MOTU 2408 is the stuff. I upgraded from a Gina/Layla combination. The MOTU has so much more options. The two biggest things I like about it is that it takes up only one PCI slot in my PC, and the other is that has meters on the rackmouted interface. Another great thing it that it is very expandable, but that is icing on the cake. You can connect this thing to nything that has the Tascam or ADAT I/O formats.

I just received the 1224 from motu and i am extremly happy with it ...I too looked for months at all the cards out there, have been useing the midiman 4/4 i/o which is Ok ...but the moto gives you everything and is Expandable that is the keyword here..You get what you pay for in the end and Motu has been around for along time and makes a great product....TDF

Back