Motif ES8 for Recording?

kahuna

It Ain't Me, Babe
Hope everyone is feelin’ good? I am doing the yoyo thing, swing!

I am having major thoughts about buying a Yamaha Motif ES8. These monster synths include the ability to add on a card that allows them to be used as a recording interface between itself and a computer.

Question:

Would this function make my AW16G obsolete? Or is the Motif lacking in the functionality and adaptability of the AW16?

Later…

Yo Big Kahuna: [Have you got your surfboard waxed?]

I recently got the ES6. It will probably take me a long time to get to know this synth. Took me three years to get into the DX7--fine synth but the technology in the new ES Yam synths is mind-boggling.

The sounds are brilliant and those with built in meters open many doors for recording fun.

When I bought the DX-7, Yamaha sent me addition learning tapes and I bought a few "dummy" books--not much out for the ES models though. The instructional DVD is worthless--the guy doing the "teaching" talks about 99 miles per hour and there is very little organization to his presentation. Not worth the money.

As to your concern about the ES8 and its working with a PC==you might direct your question to Yamaha or to the Yamaha forum for the synths.

You will certainly enjoy the sounds and, of course, the sequencer if you use it. I also have a SIAB 2816 and use that rather than the sequencer on the keyboard.

Have fun & Merry Christmas
Green Hornet :D

Thanks, I am surprised about the DVD being useless as some say it's essential. I have heard from far more experienced synthheads that the learning curve is steep but worth it.

I can feel that new toy syndrome taking over my mind...

Back