Morose and somber- any thoughts?

theron

Hey,

I just got the bass git tracked last night (same friend that did the lead on this song) and I was wondering what fresh and long distance ears would think. I'm going for a "wholesome and honest" feel. What do you think so far.

As always, any comments can help.

Theron.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/theron/singles

Song is called "pathetic"

Last edited:
the link;) www.nowhereradio.com/theron/singles

hey theron, first thought...good tune, bad mix IMHOP.... I like it....The lyrics are great and the song has a strange vibe at first..

the can opening was a bit loud and the acoustic seemed to come in loud... The vocals also seem to get loud in certain points... Not always though, just at certain points...I started the song at a loud volume and had to lower it.. The tune is quite cool though... It unfortunately seems to fit my mood right now.. People might tell you to put delay on the guitar in the intro, but I like it without it..

strange and happy and sad all at the same time....that's what i think of this tune...and I dig it..:cool:

I dont like the mix, but the recording is good.. Keep in mind I have big problems with my tunes, so take this with a ton of salt..

later
B

BTW, Did you get my email today? 5/18

thanks for that all important link. The bang without the boom!

I don't like the vox level either but, it goes from soft to loud and my compression knowlege is all tapped out. Help!!

Thanks for the ear and motivation.

Theron.

LIke the intro a lot, it really grabbed me from the start. I agree with B.SABBATH about the levels. Nice vocal and guitar sound tho. Kinda wish I could hear a bit more bass on the drum, also a bit louder, too. But, as this kind of style goes, I think it's appropriate. really love how the song comes in

AL

Ok,
IMHO loose the drums and put like steps and fridge opennig in the begining. Or have the drums in the begining only and fade away when the guitar starts. I think the drums take away from the quality of other instruments and voice. However if you ment it to be that way, to add to the sadness of the song then it might actualy work.

I hope I didn't come accross too hard. I realy like the creativity behind the stuff on this BBS and this song is no exception.

As far as the vocals, how do you record them and with what mic?
You might try different distances from the mic to even out the vocals. it does sound like you're "eating the mic". I'm no expert but it worked for me to play with the distance.

Cheers

great intro... If the rest of the song continued with such interesting stuff, I'd listen to your next, without hesitation.

Thanks to all for taking the time to listen.

A1A2, I'll try a new mix this afternoon. I think I'm pushing the vox too hard so, I'll bring it down and Hope fully won't loose any clarity.

Fed, thanks for the comments. I think I like the intro as is. If I recall correctly, I recorded the vox with an sm58. I'll be more concious of my mic technic in the future. THanks for listening.

mixmkr,
glad you like the intro. It set the mood and that was that. Maybe you'll check out my next one anyway.

Peace,
Theron

cool

I thought the intro was just perfect. I liked the mix a lot but agree that the accoustic seems to be a bit loud when it comes in. It plods on a bit but thats the style I suppose. But the solo, that got me interested again. Intro and solo, rather tastey.

Erland

The intro was cool. All the effects were interesting - esp the backwards guitar. To my taste it was a tad too long. I was ready for the rest of the song to kick in a good 20 seconds before it did.

The vocals are a bit strong in most parts. But they're strength seems to surge and wane in spots. Perhaps retrack 'em?

I like the singer's voice - nice timbre to it. As usual, I believe harmonies are better than no harmonies.

Pretty nice job.

Erland,
Gad you mentioned the solo. I think my friend did a stellar job on it. If the song plods, so be it. I like the mood and the pace. Thanks for listening and letting me know your thoughts. I dig on your tunes alot.

TripleM,
The intro git wasn't backwards. It is just a live volume swell on each note using the knob on the git. I hope I can fix the vox with a re-mix but, I'll recut it if it comes to it. I don't really like singing the song anymore but, I'll go back there if I have to. I appreciate your time and energy.

Peace,
Theron.

Back