More questions........

jouannyr

........There's a surprise I hear you say!

Well, I'd been all decisive, and decided on getting myself the TASCAM M520 for my analogue set-up...........

..........BUT I've issued a "wanted" ad with some supplier in the UK (where I'm based) and now they're offering me the TASCAM M2524 for an absolute bargain!!!!!!

Should I do it? Or is there something that the M2524 lacks over the M520???

Life's never simple is it???

Cheers,

Rich

I've not used the 520, but I've used the 2524 for a few years (not for sale ladies and gentlemen...actualy, don't have to be either, just want it sold lol....) So I can't do the comparison thing, but a few points for starters.....520's 20 channel the others 24 ....520's got indervidual phantom on each channel, 2524's got a master phantom that goes to all, although I've never ever had a problem with that......From experience the 2524's you see around are most likely in better nick, but who knows.....
All I can say is I've dug the 2524 bery much...A very easy board to work with and a very simple layout which is always handy.....
I know this probably hasn't but I hope it's helpd....

Cheers!

Cheers memriloc you've helped me to an extent cos I didn't know about the phantom power issue. Like you said, I'm not sure how that would be an issue......

Cheers,

Rich

No worries man....I mean, I've heard people say that if you're running multiple Condencers that it can drain the desk of power, but I've never had to run more than 7 (and I did) and had no problems....II suppose it depends on how many you can invisage using....All in all though I do like this desk.....f you need any more answers I'm here.....

But agein Reg, it all depends on how many condensers a person will use...I mean, I don't think I'll have any call ever to use 24 or anywhere near that.....Might be wrong though...I'd have to get 24 condensers first LOL....
Now there's a new excuse...'Honey, why are you buying all those mics?', 'well, my desk now has 24 inputs and I don't have anough for each'...

The point was that with 24 mic inputs, it would be hard NOT to overload any phantom power. So saying the the phantom power can be overloaded really doesn't tell you much. Yes of COURSE it can. There are 24 inputs. The question is of it will get overloaded on 5, 8, 14 or 23. :)

I think we're on different mind sets here man, sorry, probably my fault....I know what you're saying and agree...I think what I heard was that it can overload with x amount of mics, but not sure how many....Like I said I've used 7 at once and no problem at all, so if that's how many a person would ever use than there's not a problem with drainage....

Back