More Noise

This is a terrific cover. LOVE the groove. Very stylized. Absolutely zero nits. Nice work on the harmonies in particular.

Really well done. The vocals are a touch dark, perhaps. The whole mix, maybe. I'd put an EQ on the master buss and play with it to see if instant improvements can be had with a tweak or two.

You guys nailed this one.

That's probably more my tastes. Maybe its just me but I think a lot of stuff is just a bit over crisp so I listen to stuff, think to myself "yeah, that's good" and back everything off a dB. Ya know what I mean?

That's probably more my tastes. Maybe its just me but I think a lot of stuff is just a bit over crisp so I listen to stuff, think to myself "yeah, that's good" and back everything off a dB. Ya know what I mean?
Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and if you roll that way it's all good. My References folder has Nick Drake at one end (dark) and something from Best Of Bob Dylan at the other end (bright) and I try to land somewhere between.

Wow, I missed this one, Rat. What a great way to spend a Sunday.

I was just listening to some of your other tunes on YouTube. Handle Me With Care sounds great, I love that tune. It's one that I can sit back and strum when its time to relax.

Wow, I missed this one, Rat. What a great way to spend a Sunday.

I was just listening to some of your other tunes on YouTube. Handle Me With Care sounds great, I love that tune. It's one that I can sit back and strum when its time to relax.
Thanks my friend. Jams are getting precious now. My buddy the drummer is in his 70's and his heart's giving out. These jams are a bit more than vanity projects now. I REALLY appreciate the kind words.

Myself and my usual crew of misfits. It's getting harder to get together as we're all pretty much a geriatric collection of fossils. Anyways this is how we annoyed the neighbors last Sunday.
fantastic IMHO. only thing that really caught my attention is the reverb on the snare makes it sound like it's in a different space than the rest of the tune. might just be the sound of the room where it was captured. snare also seems a bit buried. you duck it nicely during the chorus but it could be pushed forward in general. bass guitar performance and tone are both exceptional. well done :)

fantastic IMHO. only thing that really caught my attention is the reverb on the snare makes it sound like it's in a different space than the rest of the tune. might just be the sound of the room where it was captured. snare also seems a bit buried. you duck it nicely during the chorus but it could be pushed forward in general. bass guitar performance and tone are both exceptional. well done :)
We put a lot of thought into tone. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 3
Nicely done.

I find you and I have a lot of similarities. Both in musical tastes (probably similar ages) and production approaches. Specifically the dual, panned acoustics, and the dry lead vocals. Fits perfect imo. Harmonies are nice too. :thumbs up:

Yep, luscious vocals and harmonies. Lovely stuff. Enjoyed the simplicity, tone and mix. Those vox harmonies are gold.

Back