More Beatles - Gently Weeps

Oh my god, this is awesome. The vocals are spot on. You definitely got the right effect to make you sound like George :)

In the beginning, the hi-hat hits seemed slightly earlier.

This is my favorite beatles tune. Sounds awesome man. That lead guitar sounds fantastic. Vocals as well. No real nits from me man.

Take care

Gary

Performance is fantastic and live at that. Cool. I hear a crowd cheering at the end.... :) You've got a lot of underlying melodies going on.

Is the panning scheme aimed at matching the original or a by product of recording live?? (not criticizing, just curious)

I had forgotten how good this song was, thanks for bringing it back!!! :)

Yeah I noticed the panning was very Beatle-esque, with instruments way off to one side or the other. Interesting how nobody ever does that nowadays, but somehow it worked quite well.

With the panning, I'm not trying to recreate the Beatles mix, cuz frankly, some of them were quite weird.

I don't have many restrictions because of being recorded live. Let's face it, many Beatles songs are so well known, if I do anything radical, it will be noticed greatly. What I'm trying to do it create an illusion that THIS is what the Beatles may have sounded like it they had todays PA and recording technology back then. So, while respecting the original, I try to get some of my ideas in the sound.

Here's one I had some 'Fun With Panning' on:

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite

really good..truely enjoyed it.

however given how the standard is pretty high i thought the opening piano sound was way below par.

also a clear bum note at 2.13 but other than that great!!

OK.. I'll check it out.

What else .. is I posted another song in this thread.. "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite"

see above

ok...didnt know....its the lead break ...just slips onto one for a breif moment but the listening public will think oops ...and then probably forget all about it.:)

Back