More Aardvark Problems - Urgent!!

Tekker

After finally fixing the problems in my last thread, now my card is screwing up again.

We were supposed to be recording drums today but the second input on my soundcard was cracking and distorting so it sounded like something was loose on the input, so I "very carefully" took the card apart to see if there was something loose (a wire or something) and see if it could be fixed easily... The card came apart very easily and I saw that the inputs were all covered so there was no way to fix anything, so I "very carefully" put it back together. I am currently finishing up with a two year EET electronics degree, so I know how to handle electronic equipment (and the bass player was there the whole time so he can verify that I was very careful with it)... But for some reason when I put it all back together, none of the inputs work now... But the output still works (same kind of problem that I was having before).

So I tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing the drivers from the Aardvark website again, but it didn't work. So I uninstalled the drivers and also removed the card and booted the computer back up without the card, then shut down and reinstalled the card and the drivers but it is still not working.

I don't see how just taking it apart (very carefully) and putting it back together could possibly make all the inputs completely stop working, but not the ouptuts. It was working perfectly before I took it apart (we were recording bass earlier today) and again, I was very careful with it, so I don't see how that could cause it to stop working.... But I guess somehow it did!

I'm running windows 2000, and I have an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get this fixed, I'd really appriciate it! :)

The whole band is over right now and we can't afford to loose another day after loosing last Friday to similiar problems...

Thanks,
-tkr

Having the bass player around is probably what screwed it up.

Sorry, I can't help. Sounds like time for warranty repair (if they notice you opened it your screwed.)

I've had it for about 3 years, plus I didn't get it new (I bought it from Tubedude), so I figured the warranty was up anyways, otherwise I wouldn't have touched it...

This really sucks! I certainly cannot afford $500 just to get me back up to square one again!! :(

I could go with the Delta 44, but then I'd also need to buy external preamps for my mics... #@$%!!

-tkr

Sorry to hear you are having problems again

It sounds to me like you might want to call Aardvark tech support and send it away to get fixed.

Unfortunetly, you are probably done recording for a while :(

Re: Sorry to hear you are having problems again

sae said:
It sounds to me like you might want to call Aardvark tech support and send it away to get fixed.

Unfortunetly, you are probably done recording for a while :(
Yep, there goes our deadline... :(

-tkr

Well some good actually came out of my soundcard dying on me! I just recieved a finacial aid check for $1500, (but I'm actually getting $1,150 after some other school costs), but that was still enough to get me a new soundcard. Soooo....

I just got an Aardvark Q10 off ebay that also comes with a free copy of Cakewalk Sonar XL, and the book Sonar Power! I found it last night, but I needed to make sure that the finacial aid check wasn't a screw up, because we had been told before that I wasn't going to get anything back from the previous terms... But appearently they were wrong because I did (that's always a nice surprise)!! :cool:

I don't really need Sonar, but I'll check it out and see how it is (maybe I could use it to replace Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, for the very little bit of MIDI stuff that I do)... But either way, I'll probably get rid of one of them, so I can get a little back.

That money sure came at a good time, but unfortunately I don't think I'll get this card in time to meet their deadline... However, it sounds like we may be able to record the drums at a chruch and then bring it back here to mix it, because the ouputs do still work. Then depending on how good they turn out, we can re-record the drums here once I get my new soundcard if they still want to. But I imagine they will turn out great, because both churches we are trying to get into have really NICE recording setups!! :cool:

I can't wait to get it!! :)

-tkr

Yeah, no kidding!! I was really bummed out about having to spend $500 just to get back to where I used to be... But this way I'm actually getting something instead of loosing, and it didn't cost that much more than it would have to just go by another 24/96! :)

Hopefully, I can send this one back to Aardvark for repairs and then sell it (if they fix it that is)!

Woohoo!! I'm quite happy now!! :D :D

-tkr

I have an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96... did you make sure the inputs weren't muted throught the control panel Aardvark provides?

A sound card is like a hard-on... if you don't f*** with it, it won't go down.

:D

Don't do your own dental work, either. Send the card into Aardvark for repair. I doubt it will be anywhere close to $500.

Call up tech support. They are very helpful. My 2496 was over 2 years old, and they fixed my faulty phantom power. If they won't cover it under warranty, they will charge $70 an hour. They said that most repairs take less than that. Give them a call...you might be surprised.

Back