Moon Unit Tracks

The MP3 clinic is more about posting up one song that you are currently working on and need help, feedback, critique, etc. Most people won't go through your catalog and make random comments. If you want to showcase your songs, band page or website, you can post in the Marketing section.

So, maybe you can be more specific with which song you would like comments on.

Thanks,

They're good Deenie. Love that Sonic Youth/Dinosaur Jr/No Age garage-y type sound, and don't think there's anything wrong with the recordings at all. It's the kind of music that thrives on rough edges and a bit of dirt.

Only had a cursory listen so far, the only thing I wasn't sure on so far was that phasey type vocal effect around 1:54 into Walking in Sleep. Very much liked the spoken part though - reminded me of Daydream Nation and being 16 :D:D

Will listen again when I can

Cool man.. i am glad you like it. We just make what we want. I am trying to get a good mix down and its tough because we play several styles of music.

:)

Cool songs! Neat sound. Kind makes me think of some of the coolest music from the late 80's... Dumptruck, Pylon, REM, Jesus and Mary Chain, Pixies... All of that meant as compliment!

Would love to hear a (slightly) more "studio" sounding and less "pair of mics above the soundboard at a gig" sound. That not meant it isn't great as is, just a thought on a different take. I have no idea if these tracks were recorded live. If not, extreme compliments on capturing a totally bombs away 'live' feel!!!!

J

These were done in my home studio.. and i want the live feel.. i don't like the super polished sound.. but hey.. i may try one here soon. Thanks for the comment! keep em coming :D

I listened to "Change" I like the open jam sound of it, vox are too low, even them out, by compressing, editing or automation and raise the level. I think this would sound better with much louder vox. Overall pretty cool!

thanks! i will level it out a bit more. I have heard the same thing from other people on that track.
:)

Back