moog sounding rig?

lbcstudios

hey.. im new to the keybaords and midi things.. i listened to a band called the anniversary... i love them... they use a moog... i dont have the cash for one... how much and wat synth would you recommend? under 500.... it will be used for shows... so software program wont do it.....thx

The Anniversary rock!! If you like them you should check out Motion City Soundtrack, and The Pettit Project. Also great moog based emo-ish bands.

As for a synth for you... hmmm i dunno much about synths... but check out pawn shops... maybe you'll get lucky?

You can find a Moog Rogue, Micromoog, Opus-3, and a concertmate MG-1(made by Moog for Radio Shack, essentially the same as the Rogue) all for under $500. You might get lucky and find a Moog Prodigy for very close, if you look hard enough.

If you've got a MIDI keyboard, you can score a used Nord Lead 2 rack for under $500, and probably an original Nord Lead keyborad for the same. The polyphony is limited, but you only need one voice for "Moog"-like rock leads.

-Chris

There are some great Moog sounds (over 40 classic sounds) for a Roland JV-1010 using a Vintage Keys expansion card - within your budget (second hand). Check Evil-bay for deals

But if you want more control over editing your sounds, then you might need to look for a second hand synth.

Back