Monty: Name that pharmaceutical

Yes, the composer was definitely whacked out on something - probably 4 1/2 decades of living in the heart of America...

Damn, you're getting into some interesting stuff. Look, you're simply not going to get the appreciation from the drums, bass and guitar crowd on this page that you'd get elsewhere. I'm not suggesting you leave - I like you being here - I'm suggesting you find a way to move your stuff in more avant-garde circles as well as here. They'd really dig this stuff (*I* really dig this stuff), and they'd pretend to understand it (I don't begin to pretend to understand it).

Hey Doc,

Sounds great, your music takes you on some kind of trip, depeinding on what mood I'm in it's different every time I listen.

My only critique, seems that the strings might sound more real, with a little more treble, this was my very first impresion, at begining of tune.

I beleive first impresions of sound can be very true.

Anyway love your music.

I wish I knew more about midi, my drum machine has midi, and my pod has midi. I'm afraid if I hook them together, there will be an explosion, sending my microphone through the window, hitting someone using a cell phone in their car, in the head, causing them to rethink their driving habits.

That's got movie score written all over it ---- Murder mystery/Horror Movie ?? send that one off to Scream #?? for future consideration........

Did you run this one through the pre-amp as well? You're definitely getting a warmer sound than most of the earlier stuff I have stashed away. There are still some sounds that just seem too sterile, biting, or don't have the right envelope to do your compositions justice, IMO. Some experimentation with other samples along with your midi work would be interesting to hear.

Thanks to all for taking the time to listen.
Kap: I spent many hours (years ago) listening to (the vinyl version of) Court of The Crimson King.
21st century schizoid man for sure.
Dobro: This can be a pretty avant-garde circle (or is this an irregular trapezoid?) here at H/R.com.
GT: Very Marshall McCluhanesque critique. The music <is> the drug. Just post your MIDI questions in the MIDI Mania clinic and someone will surely head off that explosion.
Coda - Co: That was my first impression as well. I actually met someone in the biz thru some distant relatives, and they assured me that the deal was knowing the right people. A tenuous stance at best. But it would be fun for me to hear my stuff in a movie.
Any movie.
Monty: The dextro isomer of that compound never reached beyond experimental status from 1943 - 196? when it became illegal for that.
pglewis: Yes- I like that sound better than running it direct to my sound card, but as GT and yourself pointed out, I'm running into a bad case of synthesizer envy. My synth is rather old and I'm starting to hear a shrillness to the sound of some patches that I never heard before.

Ok, not crank, that's for sure....but those bass tones sure buzzed the spiders off my love lollie....gibs

What about Fruity Loops and some WAV samples? I'm sure you could figure out how to sync it with Cakewalk to supplement the MIDI. Just a thought.

Doc.....I think I might be able to comprehend this one...somehow...maybe... yep! Your music usually makes my brain do fruit loops, but not on this one....I think I'm starting to understand. And I dig it.

In my opinion, the first 30 seconds is some of the nicest shit you've done (that I've heard) so far....and from 1:30 to the end. I like the string sounds.

My brain rejected the middle though. Sorry bout that. :)

Slackmaster 2000

I've tried again and again. They whine and meow really loud until I break out a mic.
Then they clam up bigtime and try to knock over the mic stand.

Back