Monitors?

Do you utilize the 'Digital Out' of your mr-8 to go these Edirols, Sarnadle_Vector? I noticed that there are two monitor outputs on my MR-8 (L and R). If you don't use the DIGITAL OUT with the Edirol MA-10Ds, which one of the analogs do you plug in to?

When monitor shopping for my MR-8, should I look for POWERED or UNPOWERED monitors?

Last edited:
Actually, I have a VF80.......

I use the digital-out (coax) on the VF80 to go into the digital-in (coax) on the MA-10Ds.

Digital is the way to go here.....and don't bother with unpowered monitors.

-sV

so, with powered monitors, the amplifier is on the actual monitors rather than having amped signal(?). where as unpowered depend on an already amped signal?

Right....powered monitors can further amplify the signal. This is what makes them ideal....as opposed to something non-powered (such as headphones).

same here...

I also bought some of those rolands's... didn't know how good they'd be. I wanted the edirols, but I would of had to skimp on my mic if I got those.. you can't beat 100 bucks. I don't need em to be loud, just have great sound quality. So the rolands are good? since my mr8 hasn't gotten here yet I don't know how they sound.

Back