• Monitors

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Pres

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Mics

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
5ergo said:
Is it true that if you put a tube preamp between active monitors and dac you get better sound quallity?

I would seriously doubt it. It could be potentially dangerous I would guess as well becasue the signal would already be at line level. Your active monitors need no further amplification so long as they are at line level. And you would not want to put a line level signal into a mic pre.

Is it true? Nope. Could it work that way? Sure. Will it? Who knows. It all depends on what tube preamp, what DAC, what monitors, and most importantly......Who is deciding whether or not it is better?

Ok i asked because i had to use one for HiFi sub which was connected to Central station.
I didnt quite understand why do i need a preamp for active sub and not for active monitors.They were all connected to Central staion.
Is it because the monitors are balanced and the sub aint?

Well, in your case (not knowing all of the specifics) the preamp you used may have been useful. However, it did not need to be tubed. It is also possible that something else was incorrectly hooked up or was malfunctioning in which case the preamp you used merely treated the symptom, and did not address the actual problem.

I have another offtopic question:

xstatic how would you connect Presonus Central station's C output (stereo balanced) to Dynaudio bm 12s sub which has only 1 (mono) input :confused:

Looks like Y cable with two TRS jacks and one XLR doesnt exist!

Where in Europe can i buy good balanced cables anyway?

No the BM12S has just one XLR and one RCA input.

The cable you need does exist, just maybe not at the place you were looking. As for getting stuff in Europe, I am not sure:(

I was actually googling for the tipe of cable i described above and i couldnt find it.Maby BM12S aint meant to be connected to the Central Station?

Our dealer with studio gear is without balanced cables for almost half a year.
And the only brand it has is Klotz.
I dont like this :eek:

Juggernaut I dont know if your still looking but I figured I'd post, I found a place in Laplace off of airline hwy. that sells the 703 rigid fiberglass and had it in stock about a month ago.

Back