monitors ... eep!

t_ebrontosaurus

So i was playing around with a keyboard and some effects through my event project 6 monitors and all the sudden there was a huge blast of sound screaming from the monitors. I ran to shut off the mixer and i felt the air coming from the cones. they were moving way to much air for me to beleive that didnt some harm...

so im a bit scared, i just got these and after the blast i feel that the sound may be a bit more bassy..

can anyone suggest a way to test them, or figure out if they are blown..

thanks,
Noah

t_ebrontosaurus said:
So i was playing around with a keyboard and some effects through my event project 6 monitors and all the sudden there was a huge blast of sound screaming from the monitors. I ran to shut off the mixer and i felt the air coming from the cones. they were moving way to much air for me to beleive that didnt some harm...

so im a bit scared, i just got these and after the blast i feel that the sound may be a bit more bassy..

can anyone suggest a way to test them, or figure out if they are blown..

thanks,
Noah

Well if they sound more bassy you may want to put your ear in front off each tweeter and see if they are working equally or at all. The other thing you can do is crank them up to a good loud level and see if they start to break up. Other than that I know of nothing that you can do at home.

It's possible to fry a crossover or amp (if they are powered/active?), but short of a tweeter not working or blown I think your mind is running away with you;)

F.S.

Back