Monitor Switching - What do you use?

Mickster

What do you guys use to switch between active monitor systems? I currently use a passive Art 4 channel "stereo mixer" but it has a -12db insertion loss.......and even though I'm aware of that........it seems to affect more than just volume. Anyway..........what do you use to switch between two or more monitor systems?

Central Station (must have got a good one considering..
I just use the analog i/o's, no remote.

Gotta give ya -- I had a Central Station (actually while I was waiting for the Avocet). That thing has more bang-for-the-buck in it than just about any piece of gear you'll find out there. It does a whole lot for a whole little $$$.

Kush gain train - I still need to wire it up so that I can use my subwoofer with either of two sets of monitors

I use a Behringer headphone amp. The way I have it wired I can choose either of my two computers as sources for each output, with independent volume for the two sets of speakers and up to five pairs of cans. Actually, I could have like 12 pairs of headphones going, but they wouldn't all have separate volume.

I recently got an audient ID22, it has monitor switching built it, so I no longer need a separate monitor controller, very handy.

That Audient looks like a nice unit but it's more than I really need. Thanks for the thought. I think I'm just going to get a good powered headphone mixer and see if that works for me.

I just use the normal outputs for one pair actives (main) and then the small set of actives are plugged into the headphone out, with a Y cable $2.99....the small active set has a volume control on the front too.

in the old passive days, I had a Adcom Speaker selector box.

The Behringer Headphone Amp setup sounds good! I have one of those, it was only $40 used and sounds pretty good.

Back