Monitor Stands or other methods for raising monitors

playit

I have my monitors directly on my desk right now.

I'd like to raise them up about a foot so they are at ear level.

Where can I find short monitor stands like this?

I'd also like these stands to have some kind of insulation so that they don't vibrate into the desk and produce resonance. Either that, or they should have a surface that I can apply some kind of insulation to.

Any help?

i'd also like to know about this. i just bought a pair of tannoy active nearfield monitors today @ ebay for $500 incl shipping.... NEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! :D

Get them off of the desk if you can - Use 36" stands with brass isolation studs (I actually saw some at GC... VERY nice stuff... Unusual to see them at GC). Well, depending on your setup, you may need 42". Grab that measuring tape.

I don't have the floor space to use these floor stands. Isn't there something like this that is short so that it can sit on the desk?

Playit, Auralex makes a set of foam isolation blocks for monitors. Not only will they improve isolation from the desk, but then you can use almost anything to get the rise you need, from a few thick books to a couple of good sized pieces of lumber.-Richie

Cinder blocks - Wrapped in thin cloth (so nothing gets scratched) with old mouse pads on top.

Make sure that the open sides are facing away from the mix position.

Auralex Mo-pads are good for positioning and isolation. You can angle them several ways.

And speaking of *angling* monitors (upward or downward), are there any factors to consider? Mine are below me now, angled upward to my face at a
20-degree angle. They sound fine and are working well, but I've wondered if others do this, too.

J.

playit said:
I don't have the floor space to use these floor stands. Isn't there something like this that is short so that it can sit on the desk?

Clean cinder blocks with rubber pads attached will do very nicely. OOPS, someone said this already...

Back