Monitor Shopping - suggestions needed

JHudson

I am now looking into monitors - I have a reasonably small room, and 95% of all that I record in there will not be bass heavy (mostly solo and duo guitar tracks) - I am looking into monitors. I am leaning very heavily towards the Yamaha HS50, and I have also checked out the KRK (5s and 6s) - just open for ideas in the proce range of these two. Thanks.

I couldn't really say on the Yamahas, but literally all I've ever heard about the KRKs is good. For $300 or less, I've heard they're the best you can get for your money. So personally, I'd suggest those.

Remember that no matter what you spend for monitors, the sound is dependent on your room and any treatment in it.

Remember that no matter what you spend for monitors, the sound is dependent on your room and any treatment in it.

Totally wut he said... u totally need a tuned room first...

I love my Alesis M1 Active 520's. They are active monitors that have a beautiful, rich, flat frequency response. I use a wal-mart bought sub woofer to support the low end a bit more but if you do this calibrate the subwoofer by playing some pink noise thru a condesnor mic and you're good to go. The worry there is that you may provide too much low end support monitoring so you're mixes will lack the low end. But I love my 520's.

Back