Monitor Setup help.

Ideally you want them at around ear level, and spaced so that you form close to an equilateral triangle between your head and the two speakers. You may need to buy or build some stands. There are DIY plans on the site using PVC or ABS pipe filled with sand with toilet flanges on each end bolted to MDF or plywood.

what about lieing them down sideways on the upper part of the desk (i measured, and 48" is about ear level. do you think this will produce desired results?

^bump

can anyone help with this? i'm new to monitor setups, and want to ensure i get the best possible sound.thanks

bruuen said:
what about lieing them down sideways on the upper part of the desk (i measured, and 48" is about ear level. do you think this will produce desired results?

This sounds like a pretty good plan considering your desk. You have to isolate them from the desk, so you'll definitely want to use the MoPads. You can set up the MoPads so that they tilt the speakers toward you. That might help as well.

However, corners in general can be problematic.

The other option would be to put them directly on either side of your computer monitor, if they fit.

The main thing is to experiment. Try them laying down like you mentioned, but also try them any other way that seems practical. You might find a setup that works that you might not think beforehand it would.

Back