monitiors ROKIT POWERED 5

midwest

i got tha ROKIT POWERED 5 and for some reason i can hear my computer sound on tha speaker

thaxs in advance

midwest said:
i got tha ROKIT POWERED 5 and for some reason i can hear my computer sound on tha speaker

thaxs in advance

We kind of need more info to help man. What about your mixer? Where is it plugged in?

i got tha ROKIT POWERED 5 hooked up 2 my TASCAM US-428 for some reason i can hear my static and tha hhd sound on tha speaker it never did this before

my crap pc speakers do this at work. I haven't messed with it but mine I think is CRT induced? It maybe the cheap shared ac plug strip would be my first guess...try seperating the ac plugs to different receptacles? even a different room..long extension cord may put you on another Circuit breaker.

or you got some bad RP5's...

my pc speakers have a loud humming. they are cheap pieces of shit.
if i move them around they get somewhat quieter (poor shielding or poor ground loop or both)

RP5's are not commonly written up for humming, so I'm virtually guessing you may have some ground loop thing going on between your pc, receptacle and speakers. (or the RP5's are bad internally..).

I'd take the RP5's to another room or another building and plug a CD player or something easy into the RP5's. If no humming at least you'll know the RP5's are fine and the problem is between the pc>soundcard>rp5>ac receptacle.

you mentioned the pc hum so maybe its thru the soundcard. That'd be my next look. Take your RP5's to a store or plug into another computer/soundcard.... Line out, of course. or try another soundcard.

anyway then you can start partitioning something else, once your RP5's are known to be ok.

Back