Mobile Version Problem

240v

Super Perfectionist
On my iPod, I can't edit posts and it can be annoying because I find myself tapping the Quick Reply button accidentally a lot.

Hi,
I found that the mobile layout is different, but if you scroll to the very bottom of the screen there's an option to switch to the original layout, like you see at a computer.

I can't remember the exact wording, but it should be obvious when you see it.

Hi,
I found that the mobile layout is different, but if you scroll to the very bottom of the screen there's an option to switch to the original layout, like you see at a computer.

I can't remember the exact wording, but it should be obvious when you see it.

'Full Site'. Cheers :)

This sort of occurs because everytime someone invents a new device with a new screen resolution that can access the web, those accessing "traditional" websites using it go... "Your website sucks on my iDevice 2.0, when are you going to fix it?" when of course it's not broken, it's just not optimised for said new device.... so people madly rush around and do an optimised version of the site for the new device/resolution and proudly release it and go "There! Happy now? This is soooo funky we're going to detect your iDevice 2.0 and switch you automatically to the new format" except that sometimes they miss stuff, or the creators of iDevice 2.0 sneakily release iDevice 3.0 which has some changes in it that they didn't bother to flag to anyone ahead of time because they're a secretive organisation or which break the newly established and accepted Small Device Thingy Protocols 1.0, and which now cause the site, carefully optimised for iDevice 2.0 in line with Small Device Thingy Protocols 1.0, to not work so good anymore... and so the cycle begins again...

This is a technical explanation, obviously... a lay person may not understand it.

I hear that iDevice 4.0 will be out soon, using the FunkyCoolTech 1.0 core, which no-one's seen yet or even vaguely understands... so expect more trouble ahead.

In the meantime, do as Steen suggests...

Back