Mobile Audio

deapeasea

Heya kids, this looks like an awesome forum! I'll be sure to hassle you with all of my recording problems from now on.

Anyway. I don't currently have any recording setup at home and I'm looking at setting up a bit of a demo studio.

Seeing as I'm not sure where I'll be over the next few years I've been thinking about getting a mobile audio interface.

As I said, it's just for demos so I'm not really too interested in being able to record big drum kits or anything - though I may use it for a bit of sequencing.

These are the two products I've been looking at, anyone have experience with either.

TASCAM US-122 AUDIO/MIDI INTERFACE
M AUDIO MOBILE PRE USB

I'm also more than happy to take suggestions of other similar products. Though I don't have a lot of cash to spend.

I guess if anyone really wants to try an talk me out of an external thing they can try, but I'm after something pretty simple (plug and play).

Running XP SP 2
AMD Athlon 1.99ghz
224mb RAM

But I am looking at maybe doing a bit of upgrading... (more RAM mainly)

I'd appreciate any help you guys could give!

Either one would do you fine.

I'd look into upgrading the RAM to at least 512mb and getting a software sequencer.

My mobile setup consists of a M-Audio Octane, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM laptop, with Reason and Cubase.

Yeah planning to pick the RAM up to 512.

Also, does the fact that I am using a fairly ordinary soundcard (SoundMAX Digital Integrated Audio???) matter? Will there be any problems using an external interface with an ordinary soundcard installed?

Back