MKii Dynamic vs DMP3.. help please

vyndal

just got a deal for FOCUSRITE OCTOPRE Mkii Dynamic 8-channel Mic Preamp W/compressors 450$
and i was thinking fo getting the DMP3 this week end..

I record dance/rnb/rap vocals in my home studio..

i use an FA-66 but i dont use any external pre amp yet..

which one of the two will give me the best quality vocals.. basicaly wont take away from the voice quality?

or simply which one in my situation would you go for.

I'm not exactly sure of the question... but I think you don't own either at this point and want a recommendation on which to buy... of which, if limited to the two choices, I would say the DMP.

But...

If you plan to only record vocals in your home studio, I can't understand why you would even be considering an Octopre. Why would you spend $450 for 8 channels of preamps and compressors when you could put that money towards a much better quality standalone pre...

If you can come up with $450 for the Focusrite today, you can stick with the FA-66 for just a bit longer, save a few more hundred, and then buy yourself a preamp that will actually make a difference, a marked difference in your recordings...

But then again I didn't see any mention of a mic... that could be your best line of attack...

I'm not exactly sure of the question... but I think you don't own either at this point and want a recommendation on which to buy... of which, if limited to the two choices, I would say the DMP.

But...

If you plan to only record vocals in your home studio, I can't understand why you would even be considering an Octopre. Why would you spend $450 for 8 channels of preamps and compressors when you could put that money towards a much better quality standalone pre...

If you can come up with $450 for the Focusrite today, you can stick with the FA-66 for just a bit longer, save a few more hundred, and then buy yourself a preamp that will actually make a difference, a marked difference in your recordings...

But then again I didn't see any mention of a mic... that could be your best line of attack...

tascam tm-78 and at3035. to get good vocals out of these two mics, i have to EQ a bunch and use tons of compressors... it makes the voices harsh.. i want something more true to the voice so i can add effects that makes it sound crisp.

this is the current audio quality i can attain with my mics and fa-66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1zLyXqvs-g

p.s.s what stand alone are you thinking off?

Back