Mixing Vocals

Stefdawg

Well i'm new to recording and mixing.I've laid down some vocals in i was wondering if someone could help me with some tips on how to make the vocals blend with the track.the track is not tracked out it came to me finalized so i can't really tweak the music but i can eq it a little but my vocals sound way out front like their sitting on top of the beat.I'm using cubase sx 3 for computer recording but i also have a tascam dp 02

A lil advice

This question has been asked before and the answer applys to all the recording formats.

Use the search function on here and on google. Even youtube will have more of a visual guide than anything you can be told on here. Search for your answers and when your ready to get more in depth we will all be able to help you :D

Truth is you really NEED to get the beat tracked out.

However, I have seen many many tips to mixing over MP3 / stereo beats.

Google vocals over stereo beat, and mixing vocals over MP3 beat etc etc....It's all personal oppinions buried in various forum archives though.

still some good stuff to be learned, sorry but im not doing the 6 hour google, I've been right where you are and decided the beat isn't tracked than I dont want it.....and that was after reading and applying the "magic bullet" mp3 mixing posts I sent you on a gooschase after.

Back