Mixing question in Sonar 5

Jaybee

I finished a mix a couple of nights ago which consisted of 2 MIDI tracks driving hardware synths and 3 Dimension Pro tracks. I recorded the 2 HW synth tracks to an audio track and then muted the MIDI tracks. I tweaked the final mix to where it sounded like what I wanted it to sound like and then exported it to a wave file. When I play back the wave file, one of the Dimension tracks is way too loud. I have double checked all of my settings to be sure I'm not duplicating something in the export. All that is being exported is the audio track and the 3 Dimension tracks. The only way I have been able to make the export sound like the final mix is to lower the volume on the offending Dimension track to where you can't hear it in the mix and then it sounds in balance in the export. I don't believe this is right. What am I missing?

Do you use edit/select/all when you export?

Are you using envelopes on any of the tracks?

Do you render the Dimension tracks before exporting?Maybe you could try rendering the offensive track and muting the coresponding MIDI track,if it still sounds too loud you can look elsewhere for the culprit. :confused:

acidrock said:
Do you use edit/select/all when you export?
I select the entire mix but have the 2 MIDI tracks muted so they're not a factor.

Are you using envelopes on any of the tracks?
No

Do you render the Dimension tracks before exporting?Maybe you could try rendering the offensive track and muting the coresponding MIDI track,if it still sounds too loud you can look elsewhere for the culprit. :confused:
This is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I'll try that and let you know what happens.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Does this happen when you select buses as the source catagory, and then master as the Source Buses/Tracks?

Back