Mixing, NOT Music

free,

The mix sounds pretty washed out, like this was a cassette copy of an other recording?

The drums are too low in the mix. They are sounding out of phase as well, especially in the cymbals. If this is a mono track of the kit, there's not much you can do with that.

The guitars tones sound about right but they are being over-taken by the bass guitar which seems to be the loudest instrument in the mix. It is even louder then the vocals in spots so you might want to consider bringing that down a bit and raising up the vocals about 1 to 2 db in the mix.

What was the song recorded on, equipment-wise?

Cheers! :)

well, first of all, yes... i know its in spanish. i actually recorded this with extreme l'cheapo equipment. i used a 4 channel mini mixer, 4 cheap-assed mics and an SBlive soundcard. since this dudes are from another town, i had to use what they had handy so i know i cant expect much quality in here. ill see what i can do about the drums, since they are in mono.

You actually recorded this in tracks?

It sincerely sounds like you did a live take with four Radio Shack mics in someone's basement. The song is great. The recording needs improvement. What software were you using?

Back