Mixing down to PC with digital recorder

aknight53

I have recorded songs with Boss BR-8 digital recorder. I need to mix down, so thought I could do it using Cakewalk software, mixing as I recorded. I attached the BR-8 to the PC via line out-recorder to line in soundcard. The recording was mixed well but there was definite line loss. someone suggested hooking recorder to PC using digital outs & ins, but my soundcard does not have proper port. SO, how would anyone suggest mixing down on the PC without line loss? If I have to I'll get a new soundcard, but would rather not yet. any helop would be appreciated. thanks.
alice

what do you mean by "line loss" exactly? the level was lower? Make sure to check in yer sound card's mixer, under "recording controls", the level setting for line in...if it's too low it would cause what yer describing...

I'm not exactly sure it is line loss, but there is a definite popping sound throughout the recording from Cakewalk, and the recording on Zip disk from the BR-8 is clean, so somewhere I'm getting noise that I attributed to connecting the two machines using lines in/out. What do you think? I will check for soundcard's recording levels though, thanks.

You should consider that in Computer based software systems that popping noises come from other programs in the background are causeing them, Big appliances like the fridge turning on will also cause this noise. Try control-alt-delete and close out all the other programs other than Explorer,and systray so cakewalk is alone. Get rid of any virus detecter software as that is also a culpret

Back