Mixing down onto Wavelab

sludgehammer

Hey y'all, I'm Sludgehammer, long time listener, first time caller. So anyways, I'm trying to mix down from my Adat thru a mackie and into the line in on my soundacard. It's a Sondbalaster Live Platinum. Please don't reply telling me how bad that card is because I just bought it. When I recorded onto Wavelab I kept getting this small staticky sounding pop on the loudest spots when I listened back. I thought maybe I was running the signal too hot so I lowered the input to have it peaking at about -10 db but it was still there. I compared my wave files to files I pulled off of a cd. The cd wave looked way hotter than mine and didn't have the pops. Next I tried recording onto Wavestudio, saving the file and then reopening it onto Wavelab. No pops. I'm used to taking the long way to bypass getting shafted by various equipment malfunctions but all my stuff is new this time. Any ideas on how I can just record onto Wavelab without getting crackles n' pops. Sounds like a breakfast cereal doesn't it? I used all the same cables and connections when I recorded onto Wavestudio instead of Wavelab.

Back