Mixing Board?

Eric54

I'm searching for an analog mixing board with motorized faders and scene memmory. Does one exist? If so who makes it and where can i find it?

how much are you willing to spend and what are you planning to use it for? Did you check all the main manufacturers, like A&H, Soundcraft, Tascam, Yamaha...? Any preferences?

give us more info, and we'll be glad to help...

Mixer...

Price range $2,000-$4,000, 16 or 24 channel. I'm planning to use it for my home/project studio. I currently have a Yamaha rm-800. I did some research on Soundcaft and Yamaha. They have some nice digital boards. But, i can't find an analog with the motorized faders and scene memmory. I have no personal preferences as long as i can get good sound.

My only other option might be to get a digital board. The spirit 328 is the closest mixer to my liking/price range that i found.

Any help or advice is appreciated...

At that price point I think the only automation you'll be able to get would be mute automation. For motorized faders, etc. on an analog board, I'll take a wild guess and say you're looking at somewhere between $25,000 and $30,000 minimum - but I'll freely admit i haven't researched this in close to ten years (I remember something around #30,000 that fit your description from either Soundtracs or Soundcraft, can't remember which...), so there may be something out there i don't know about. The problem is most of the manufacturers are focusing their R&D for inexpensive consoles with lots of features to the digital realm.

You may want to talk to someone at Pro Audio Design (Rockland, MA), or some other place that specializes in selling new/used consoles to see if something like what you describe even exists.

I suspect in the end you'll have to choose between the analog sound you want, and the digital features you desire.

Back