Mixing board VS audio interface?

andrewkim9711

hey guys it's my first time making a home recording studio and I can't choose between a mixing board or an audio interface.

When i make my studio, I'm going to record instruments. (obviously :P)
but I'm going to record them one at a time, since I'm the only one playing the instruments (and I can't duplicate myself to record two tracks at once LOL )

here are the instruments to be used : acoustic and electric guitar, electronic drums, MIDI keyboard, bass guitar, clarinet, violin, ocarina

after I record each tracks one at a time ( onto the computer[DAW]) I'm going to put them all together to form one song.

if this is what i'm planning to do, which is better for me, a mixing board or an audio interface?

if mixing board, i'm getting Allen & Heath ZED-10
if audio interface, I'm getting either Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or Komplete Audio 6.

You just need an audio interface. The Focusrite would be a good choice, and there a few others in that range. I'm not familiar with Komplete product.

J

Read this excellent thread started by Bobbsy. read all the other sticky threads about computer recording before buying anything.
More newbies buy equipment that won't work or that they grow out of in 6 months than you would believe. (raises hand)

Back