Mixing advice would be appreciated.

gbav

Looking for any advice as far as the mix and song goes. I'm on new monitors and I'd really appreciate any to help me figure out what I'm missing. I feel like I maybe listened a bit too long and probably over did it a bit.

The song itself has a bit of a country-ish style to it. Not exactly what I'm used to working on, but it's been a lot of fun.

If i did it right, the song/mp3 should be attached.

Thanks so much in advance.

Gary

Attachments

• 3132.mp3
    8.4 MB · Views: 19
Seems to be missing high end sparkle, a little high shelf on the OHs and guitar is probably all ya need. Other than that pretty good mix from my monitors.

Sounds good to me on my little set up here. I'd like more of a bassline, but being a bassist I'm biased. Mix sounds good. I really enjoyed the song.

:thumbs up:

The acoustic guitar has a low rumble that should probably be taken out. Bass is quite heavy, too. This mix itself seems quite loose, which isn't necessary a bad thing. Seems like there is lots of reverb drip everywhere, too, except for the vocals. Interesting mix. The toms on the drum kit are almost completely invisible. If possible, bring the rest of the kit up, and maybe turn down the ride cymbal, if you can.

Sounds very much like a "live on the stage" mix, rather than one done in a studio. The snare sound pretty thin, too, but that's probably just what the snare sounds like. Doesn't have much personality.

Piano sounds awesome!

For a loose-sounding mix, I think this worked. Vocals are intelligible and the piano sounds great. If it were me, I'd clean up the bass, the guitar, the drums, and tighten everything up just a bit.

Enjoyed the listen. Thanks for sharing!

i guess theres a bit too much piano/bass low end. besides that its a beautiful songs and ive added it to my playlist

Back